The French Language Development teacher will work with the school’s classroom teachers by providing supplemental support, staff development, and on-site coaching to enhance instruction and improve student achievement. They will also assist the Executive Director to plan, monitor and evaluate the instructional program, provide interventions and tutoring for students, and perform relative duties as required.
Salary Range: $42,000 – $60,000
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles, especially as they relate to students with special needs and French Language Learners (FLLs).
- Knowledge of curriculum development and assessments
- Knowledge of effective language immersion and FLE teaching practices
- Knowledge of data-driven instructional decision-making
- Ability to analyze and use qualitative and quantitative student academic performance data to guide classroom practice
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents, and community
- Working with classroom teachers and FLLs to ensure language development
- Providing interventions for FLLs
- Assisting in the development and delivery of training for administrative staff, certificates and classified staff in a variety of topics related to FLLs
- Providing supplemental support and assistance to all classroom teachers, including analysis of data using the school’s student information system and student assessment system
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Colorado State teaching certificate or a teaching certificate from the ministry of education of a Francophone region
- 2+ years classroom teaching experience
- Experience with French Language Learners
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally be required to bend, stoop or kneel
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description. In addition, the incumbent may be requested to occasionally perform other tasks.
The French American School of Denver does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status or veteran status. French American School of Denver also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.